The serving team assist at services and aid the worship. Like good waiters and waitresses they should hardly be noticed! To facilitate worship and ensure the smooth running of the liturgy is a great way to serve God.
There are various roles within the team and a rota basis. The more people who get involved the less often you need to serve, and there’s plenty of variety:
- Crucifier – carries the cross
- Acolytes – carry candles, help set up the altar
- Eucharistic Ministers – assist in the distribution of communion
- The MC – Master of Ceremonies, who keeps the priest in order!
- Thurifer – deals with the holy smoke!
- Boat person – helps the thurifer